Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby Leman Saunders » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 am

Many might have already saw the news but this morning the UIL released the official snapshot number for all schools as well as the Division split numbers.

For Class 1A (six-man)
55 and below will be DII, 55.5 and higher will be DI

http://www.uiltexas.org/athletics/conference-cutoffs
User avatar
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:04 am

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby Texman301 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 am

Now just the waiting game to see how UIL stretches their rubber bands...
Texman301
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:01 am
Location: Lubbock

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby Old Bearkat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 pm

The crack monkey just got his case of Old Grandad.......
User avatar
Old Bearkat
6Man Authority
 
Posts: 6318
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:01 am
Location: Minooka, IL
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby Tioga061 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:29 pm

Gold Burg turning in 22 should be the smallest school in the state playing football.
Tioga061
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby BuffaloCountry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:56 pm

I do know Valley, Petersburg and Sands are jumping back to D1.
Anton and Kress are dropping to D2.
This could make for some interesting districts...
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:55 am
Location: Where the Buffalo Roam

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby Happy99 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:30 pm

If the cutoff applied to this year -- D1 would be brutal. 7 of the 8 D1 and D2 teams remaining would be D1 (Strawn still D2) --

May be a good alignment if you are going to be D2!
Happy99
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:01 am
Location: Happy

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby Tioga061 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:44 pm

Happy99 wrote:If the cutoff applied to this year -- D1 would be brutal. 7 of the 8 D1 and D2 teams remaining would be D1 (Strawn still D2) --

May be a good alignment if you are going to be D2!


Actually 6 of 8. Tioga will be 11 man next year.
Tioga061
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby Happy99 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Tioga061 wrote:Actually


Yeah, yeah... details. Ha!
Happy99
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:01 am
Location: Happy

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby Old Hornet » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 pm

Prairie Lea moving to D1 really shakes up the Hill Country district. Which way do they go?

Lometa to:
Eden 93
Medina 135
Leakey 174
Nueces Canyon 193

Eden to:
Lometa 93
Medina 131
Leakey 113
Prairie Lea 219

Prairy Lea to:
Lometa-140
Medina-117
Leakey-159
Nueces Canyon-180
Evant-168
High Island 250

Eden makes most sense to stay down there with them. However, what do you do with Prairie Lea? Can't send them to High Island. Does Lometa take the place of D2 Blanket in that district? Does Jonesboro go east? Does Lometa and Prairie Lea replace Jonesboro and Blanket? Who knows?????
Old Hornet
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 am

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby lbk419 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:25 pm

Sorry only tangentially following this, why is New Home moving to 11 man when their numbers are below 104? I thought I saw they had 93 or something. Did they choose to move up?
lbk419
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:18 pm

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby BuffaloCountry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:51 pm

lbk419 wrote:Sorry only tangentially following this, why is New Home moving to 11 man when their numbers are below 104? I thought I saw they had 93 or something. Did they choose to move up?

Yes, to my understanding New Home as a program decided to move up to 11 man football, but will compete 1A in other sports.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:55 am
Location: Where the Buffalo Roam

Re: Breaking News - DI/DII Cutoff Number

Postby coachbronk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:50 am

It’s not completely out of the realm of possibility for Prairie Lea to be in our District. They were in our district when we were in D2, along with Calvert and Buckholts.

Old Hornet wrote:Prairie Lea moving to D1 really shakes up the Hill Country district. Which way do they go?

Lometa to:
Eden 93
Medina 135
Leakey 174
Nueces Canyon 193

Eden to:
Lometa 93
Medina 131
Leakey 113
Prairie Lea 219

Prairy Lea to:
Lometa-140
Medina-117
Leakey-159
Nueces Canyon-180
Evant-168
High Island 250

Eden makes most sense to stay down there with them. However, what do you do with Prairie Lea? Can't send them to High Island. Does Lometa take the place of D2 Blanket in that district? Does Jonesboro go east? Does Lometa and Prairie Lea replace Jonesboro and Blanket? Who knows?????
coachbronk
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:01 am
Location: High Island, Texas


Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests