Page 1 of 4

Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 am
by chiggity14
I think it's funny how every expert has Happy in the State Semi-Finals with no mention on How good McLean is. This team has been an under dog all year and just keeps proving everyone wrong. Yes I understand Happy won big time against McLean last outing. But this is the playoffs and I think a different McLean team will show up, plus it's on a neutral field. If I was the Happy coach I would be sure to remind my players not to think ahead. Second time around it's going to be a dog fight. Ben Crockett for McLean is the real deal. With that said Go Tigers!!

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:31 am
by Bhs03
chiggity14 wrote:I think it's funny how every expert has Happy in the State Semi-Finals with no mention on How good McLean is. This team has been an under dog all year and just keeps proving everyone wrong. Yes I understand Happy won big time against McLean last outing. But this is the playoffs and I think a different McLean team will show up, plus it's on a neutral field. If I was the Happy coach I would be sure to remind my players not to think ahead. Second time around it's going to be a dog fight. Ben Crockett for McLean is the real deal. With that said Go Tigers!!

McLean is my pick for this one

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:38 am
by rainjacktx
This one will end much like the last one: early.

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 am
by tdog5344
I do believe happy wins this one but have to give credit to a great mclean tigers team. Mclean has around 10 kids with only 7 or 8 ever hitting the field. They lost two starters in last two weeks with one of them still in ICU from the knox city win where i was told he played an entire quarter of football with life threatening injuries. They are one of 8 teams left in the state and by saying team they are the prime example of a team with what they have faced this year. They have 1 loss to the #1 team in the state and they deserve some respect. I'm from a rival town and I can swallow my pride to respect competitors and there great accomplishments after all isn't that what highschool athletics is about.

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:21 am
by chiggity14
My point is that this is the playoffs and anything can happen. I believe you have to throw the previous game out the window. Why do I believe it'll be different this time around, one they've played each other, two it's a neutral field and three I think you can catch a team being a little to big headed because of the last result. Plus I believe McLean had several turnovers and penalties in the last game, correct me if I'm wrong. ..I believe it'll be a very close game...

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:54 am
by 51eleven
Last 4 games. McLeans given up 157 points. Happy 82. Happy's 45'd all 4, including Mclean. McLean none. If they've lost 2 starters in the last 2 weeks... Cowboys will be Happy afterwards.

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:58 am
by Jon43
It is true about the McLean injuries. It is true #24 played with severe injuries. But i wasn’t surprised one bit. That is the toughest kid I’ve ever seen. That is the heart of this McLean team. As stated above, they have been doubted and counted out all year, and they have put together an amazing season. I know the kids and I know their heart, they will look at this opportunity as a way to over come adversity. I can tell you right now, they aren’t flinching because of the injuries. They are ready to go and believe in each other. We all know how good Happy is, and they have everyone’s full attention. I don’t know what the outcome will Be Saturday, but i do know Mclean will fight and I know Mclean is a very very good team. Looking forward to this one.

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:10 am
by chiggity14
That's your point that Happy has 45 their last 4 opponents....One against Miami,Anton and Ropes.. McLean's last 4 White Deer Happy Nazareth and Knox City...I would say McLean has played better quality teams in the last four. ..

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 am
by patriotpaul
I’ve seen both teams play. McLean is tough and physical and Crockett is for real. However, Happy still wins big

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:05 pm
by Bhs03
chiggity14 wrote:That's your point that Happy has 45 their last 4 opponents....One against Miami,Anton and Ropes.. McLean's last 4 White Deer Happy Nazareth and Knox City...I would say McLean has played better quality teams in the last four. ..

Thank god someone finnaly said it ! Happy is way over rated ! They might be number 1 but they will not win state !

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:08 pm
by tdog5344
One thing I can assure you of neither mclean or happy will play with Borden county ill call that one

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:09 pm
by tdog5344
Happy barely beat richland springs and milford 45ed them....

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:14 pm
by TheMaskedVigilante
tdog5344 wrote:Happy barely beat richland springs and milford 45ed them....

This is interesting to me because both games they were playing for something. Happy was playing to prove that they were better than RS and that they were ready for a State title. Milford was playing to prove that they were for real and that they were better than Richland. Can Milford play with Happy?

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 pm
by tdog5344
No can happy even attempt to play with milford??

Re: Happy vs McLean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:38 pm
by Bhs03
TheMaskedVigilante wrote:
tdog5344 wrote:Happy barely beat richland springs and milford 45ed them....

This is interesting to me because both games they were playing for something. Happy was playing to prove that they were better than RS and that they were ready for a State title. Milford was playing to prove that they were for real and that they were better than Richland. Can Milford play with Happy?

The real question is does happy even belong on the same field as the dawgs ?