Did the Rocksprings Supe really just trash six-man

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: Did the Rocksprings Supe really just trash six-man

Postby eldrut » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Instead of bashing R S why don't ya''ll talk about the benefits of six man football. Sounds like they could use some encoragement. I would rather watch six man football than any other game, that includes all sport games!! Saw my first six man game in 1963 between Balmorhea and Fort Davis, during my junior year at Sul Ross. Was one hell of a great game and have been hooked every since
eldrut
6-Man Fan

Postby CleverUsername1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Imo sixman and 11-man are separate but equal. I'll watch six man football on Fridays and then I'll watch my Dallas Cowboys lose on Sundays and enjoy them for what they are: different forms of football but football nonetheless. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you don't have to put down a sport just because you personally don't like it. I love football (both versions) and baseball, but I don't care for basketball. Does that mean I attack the NBA? Of course not. If that Superintendent didn't want his school to play six man that's fine but attacking an entire classification is childish. Oh well, his loss lol.
CleverUsername1
6-Man Fan

Postby Bill O'Rielly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm

You can't encourage narrow minded idiots (Supt. & Board Members)!
Bill O'Rielly
6-Man Fan

Postby SixmanInfoFirst » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Rocksprings isn’t the smallest 11 man school either. I think This is what Trump would call FAKE NEWS.
SixmanInfoFirst
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:46 pm

coach_jshelton wrote:To me the bigger issue is with the Built Ford Tough Player of the week only including 2A-6A & 11-man Private schools. I get those emails every week & the poster every August, but Ford doesn't recognize 6-man as real football. If you drive a Ford, you don't support 6-man*.

*insert eye-roll here

They list the advisors on the rules page...many of whom I think we could email, call, or tweet to see why they exclude 1A....
http://playeroftheweek.com/rules.aspx
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Edward Golden » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:24 pm

I played and coached 6-man and have grown to enjoy watching HS 11-man. The game is so much more wide open than it used to be. I agree we need to be open minded. Even people that love 6-man and call 11-man crowded field probably have not seen a good 11 man game. Look at the scores. A good game is great no matter what classification.
Edward Golden
6-Man Fan

Postby freeagent » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:07 pm

From what I remember of the article, the good folks of Rocksprings are blessed to still have a big turnout for their 11 man squads. I think they have something like 40 plus boys out for football.

As long as they can continue to draw those numbers and want to play 11 man ball, well, more power to them. I hope they continue to do that. I don't want to be in the business of being a vulture flying over the soon-to-be-corpse waiting for them to (in their words) "drop down" to six man.

But I've seen other folks say they'd never play six man now in the game. When the choice is six man or no football, well, then the rubber meets the road, if you get my drift.

There are still MANY Texas public high schools that have six man numbers that are not playing any football (aka "Commie Pinko Schools."). Places like Comstock and Tilden McMullen come to mind. But they're saving themselves for basketball. But don't worry. By thump-thump playoff time, the six man schools have figured out that game, too.
freeagent
6Man Authority

Postby Longhorn85 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:04 am

In response to the original piece Roy Bragg wrote on Rock Springs, and after quite the backlash from the sixman community, he asked about a sixman story he could do highlighting a team that made the move to sixman, and I sent him in Medina's direction.

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/colum ... ium=social
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:58 am

You might want to send him Morton’s direction too.
The coach there seems to be very happy about all the helpful response from the six man family since they made the switch this season.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby loveofgame » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Leman, I emailed Ren about that just now actually..

Leman Saunders wrote:
coach_jshelton wrote:To me the bigger issue is with the Built Ford Tough Player of the week only including 2A-6A & 11-man Private schools. I get those emails every week & the poster every August, but Ford doesn't recognize 6-man as real football. If you drive a Ford, you don't support 6-man*.

*insert eye-roll here

They list the advisors on the rules page...many of whom I think we could email, call, or tweet to see why they exclude 1A....
http://playeroftheweek.com/rules.aspx
loveofgame
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk