Better 6 man football?

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby Dogface2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:15 pm

CoachBrinkman wrote:I have coached both and I just don't agree with you 100%. I'm not going to take the time to go through years of data, but to use a few games from this year:
D1 current ranked #8 Union Hill is 5-0 and their closest game has been a private school 96-78.
D1 current ranked #19 Anton 5-1 closest game was a private school 66-64. (Other than loss)
D1 current ranked #26 Medina 6-0 closest game was a private school 16-37
D2 current ranked #9 Calvert closest game was a private school 46-62.
My point is that most private schools don't play a lot of public schools, but when they do they represent themselves well a lot of the times. Definitely Not a hands down beating you reference. Of course those happen too, but not fair to private schools to say they can't play with public schools.

Isnt Union Hill 5-0 because they cancelled/forfeited on Strawn?
Jus sayin.
Dogface2
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby CoachBrinkman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:16 pm

lol smokey you clearly want the last word.......or maybe I do?
CoachBrinkman
6-Man Fan

Postby CoachBrinkman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Dogface2 wrote:
CoachBrinkman wrote:I have coached both and I just don't agree with you 100%. I'm not going to take the time to go through years of data, but to use a few games from this year:
D1 current ranked #8 Union Hill is 5-0 and their closest game has been a private school 96-78.
D1 current ranked #19 Anton 5-1 closest game was a private school 66-64. (Other than loss)
D1 current ranked #26 Medina 6-0 closest game was a private school 16-37
D2 current ranked #9 Calvert closest game was a private school 46-62.
My point is that most private schools don't play a lot of public schools, but when they do they represent themselves well a lot of the times. Definitely Not a hands down beating you reference. Of course those happen too, but not fair to private schools to say they can't play with public schools.

Isnt Union Hill 5-0 because they cancelled/forfeited on Strawn?
Jus sayin.

Honestly not sure on that one....I was just grabbing stats
CoachBrinkman
6-Man Fan

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:40 pm

CoachBrinkman wrote:lol smokey you clearly want the last word.......or maybe I do?

Ok....... you can have the last word............. just as long as I agree with it..........
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby Black-Gold » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Dogface,

Like your coaching career, you are once again blabbing your mouth about something you know nothing about. If you or anyone else wants to know about the decision for Union Hill and Strawn not to play the game, maybe you should ask myself or coach Lee. But I'm sure you would rather not do that. Guys like you are much stronger behind the comfort of a computer screen.
Black-Gold
6-Man Fan

Postby Dogface2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Just an observation,
not a judgement.

In my short and feeble career
I shared my thoughts with many face 2 face.
I found no one interested in my integrity based opinions either so...
I'm definitely out of the game now
and am ok with it.

The Tioga coach claimed to have good reasons.
Dogface2
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby FCSA football » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:33 am

Ok, I gotta jump in here. Several reasons I believe that all things being equal Public schools have the advantage over the long term, and consistently win over private, and I coach private.
1. Public schools as a rule have a long term history of constantly fielding teams. Coaches,Superintendents and principals come and go but the school, its traditions and pride are still there.
Private programs, like the tides, come and go. They may play for several years and be successful, but if they don't field a team for a year or two, it is next to impossible to maintain any consistency.
2. Both public and private programs have to deal with problem parents, but they can't shut a public program down. In Private, parents with the right last name or right pull can. Public school coaches have contracts, private school coaches have contacts.
For the most part, public schools will have football no matter the won lost record or who the coach is.
Private programs have no public funding and as a result are at the mercy and whims of a few, unaccountable decision makers and when things become controversial or continuous, funding dries up and possibly the program shuts down, only to try and be revived later.
Bottom line, school boards and superintendents provide a buffer for coaches and football.
There is no similar line of defense for a private program, which is why there are so many cancellations during the season. Parents in a private program get together based on some "reason" and hold their kids out.
They couldn't and wouldn't try the same thing with a public school program. They would be run out of town. So it boils down to longevity, public schools with their long term history and traditions will attract the best players that want to be a part of that tradition and history. With few exceptions, pointed out by several others in this thread, private can't compete with that.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk