Better 6 man football?

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby rainjacktx » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:21 pm

You don't have to agree with me. Look at the rankings year in and year out. That's all you need to do.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2386
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 am
Location: nowhere special

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby Cougarfan13 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Waco Live Oak vs Calvert every year, gives them all they can handle, they pretty much run the same offense. viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24916 But this is not the norm.......
Cougarfan13
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 am
Location: Mount Calm / Aquilla

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby 1987 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:57 pm

CoachBrinkman wrote:Abilene Christian and Midland Trinity seem to field some pretty solid teams most years.


Midland Trinity moved to the crowded field this year. Abilene Christian seems to be rebounding after 3 sub-par seasons. They do play Medina this week. Both are undefeated. Should be a good game.
1987
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby CoachBrinkman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Since you want to look at rankings...... Let's look

10 of the top 50 Overall team(255 teams) are private schools.
With current power ratings:
Dallas Lutheran would be a 9 point favorite over D2 #12 Oakwood.
New Braunsfels Christian and Dallas Lutheran along with 6 other private schools would be a favorite in a game with the majority of the D2 teams.
CoachBrinkman
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:45 pm

There are exceptions to every rule. However in this case if you take away the exceptions, the rule is public vs private is no contest..........
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby rainjacktx » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:11 pm

This debate surfaces every two or three years. Are there some really good privates? Absolutely. Are private schools on par with public schools? Not even close. The best privates can't compete year in and year out with even better than average public schools. When you have to cite the exceptions to make your point, you've kinda already lost the debate.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 2386
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:01 am
Location: nowhere special

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby CoachBrinkman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Okay you made me spend more time on this than I wanted so here are the facts.
The top 5 ranked private schools have won over 75% of their games with public schools. If you want to spend the time to look at it yourself you might find that number closer to 80% but I quit counting towards the end.
CoachBrinkman
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby CoachBrinkman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:26 pm

If you take the exception away that the best public schools almost always beat the best private schools then your averages change.
No one can argue that private schools can consistently play with the top 5 of public, but the best of private certainly can play with really good public schools and have for years. But, if you add in the simple fact that 98% of the public schools can't play with the top 5 ranked public school teams then it's not really a matter of private or public being better. It's more of a fact that there are certain public schools that consistantly put teams on the field that are better than ANY other school they play.
CoachBrinkman
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby coachbronk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Honestly, what difference does it make outside of the sake of arguing. Public vs Private only occurs in non-district play only and outside of that it’s a pointless argument.

Also, the sample size is skewed due to the low numbers of TAPPS sixman schools vs UIL sixman schools.
coachbronk
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:01 am
Location: High Island, Texas

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:41 pm

CoachBrinkman wrote:If you take the exception away that the best public schools almost always beat the best private schools then your averages change.
No one can argue that private schools can consistently play with the top 5 of public, but the best of private certainly can play with really good public schools and have for years. But, if you add in the simple fact that 98% of the public schools can't play with the top 5 ranked public school teams then it's not really a matter of private or public being better. It's more of a fact that there are certain public schools that consistantly put teams on the field that are better than ANY other school they play.

Apples and oranges...... compare apples and apples .........or prunes and prunes..........
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby CoachBrinkman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 pm

smokeyjoe53 wrote:
CoachBrinkman wrote:If you take the exception away that the best public schools almost always beat the best private schools then your averages change.
No one can argue that private schools can consistently play with the top 5 of public, but the best of private certainly can play with really good public schools and have for years. But, if you add in the simple fact that 98% of the public schools can't play with the top 5 ranked public school teams then it's not really a matter of private or public being better. It's more of a fact that there are certain public schools that consistantly put teams on the field that are better than ANY other school they play.

Apples and oranges...... compare apples and apples .........or prunes and prunes..........



I'm pretty sure that is apples to apples. Comparing both situations the same way.
CoachBrinkman
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby CoachBrinkman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:58 pm

coachbronk wrote:Honestly, what difference does it make outside of the sake of arguing. Public vs Private only occurs in non-district play only and outside of that it’s a pointless argument.

Also, the sample size is skewed due to the low numbers of TAPPS sixman schools vs UIL sixman schools.



I agree with you completely! Maybe just a boring Sunday.

The most important thing to note today is the Blackwell Hornets are 6-0 and are ranked in the top 10! Proud of my sons sophomore #2 varsity QB and freshman #11 jv QB. This team is special and at the end of the day it's fun to talk football but way more important and fun to see your kids being successful.
CoachBrinkman
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Maybe...... I look at it a little differently....... best plays best. Best privates playing average or below average is not really an accurate test. Same thing for public...... makes me no difference really
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby CoachBrinkman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:11 pm

smokeyjoe53 wrote:Maybe...... I look at it a little differently....... best plays best. Best privates playing average or below average is not really an accurate test. Same thing for public...... makes me no difference really


I agree with you on that. My points have been only to point out that private schools can play with good public schools. The best private will lose almost every time to the best public. If you put the top private against a #10-#20 ranked public and it will be a good game.
CoachBrinkman
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Better 6 man football?

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:39 pm

JH PACER COACH wrote:I love 6 man football, so with that said I have a question for all the wise 6 man fans. Going off of this year and not the past, how would the best public school teams fair against the best private school teams? Take the top 3 teams from UIL, TAPPS, TCAL, TCAF, and TAIAO put them in a playoff scenario and who comes out on top?

Guess I was actually trying to adhere to the guidelines imposed on the original post..........
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], tdog5344 and 13 guests