Tioga Forfeits at Half Because of Bad Officiating???

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: Tioga Forfeits at Half Because of Bad Officiating???

Postby Superjrj » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:22 am

I talked on phone yesterday with Mr. Mark Cousins and his words were we are "aware of this and there has been talk in the office but it was still under investigation". So what you read on here about a final decision is incorrect.
Superjrj
11-Man Fan

Postby coachbronk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 am

Superjrj wrote:I talked on phone yesterday with Mr. Mark Cousins and his words were we are "aware of this and there has been talk in the office but it was still under investigation". So what you read on here about a final decision is incorrect.

For the love of everything that is holy, why is this still an issue for you Superjrj? I mean seriously, how does this circumstance impact your freaking life? It's done and over with. I'm sorry if you, your team, fans, community and whoever else was wronged at one time by Tioga, but MOVE ON!!!!!
coachbronk
6-Man Fan

Postby jrj1146 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 am

Coach if I may interject here. Superjrj although rampant at times makes valid points as to the adherence to rules and regulations. I'm sure that if a team you played violated a rule wouldn't you want in the fairness to all the athletes in sports an answer. From what I see it's a DEC QUESTION to answer. So it's evident that he holds a grudge somewhere maybe with Tioga but maybe just in fairness to adherence to rules by which all are supposed to play
jrj1146
11-Man Fan

Postby coachbronk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:49 am

jrj1146 wrote:Coach if I may interject here. Superjrj although rampant at times makes valid points as to the adherence to rules and regulations. I'm sure that if a team you played violated a rule wouldn't you want in the fairness to all the athletes in sports an answer. From what I see it's a DEC QUESTION to answer. So it's evident that he holds a grudge somewhere maybe with Tioga but maybe just in fairness to adherence to rules by which all are supposed to play

I'm not saying that. I'm saying its time to move on and quit beating a dead horse. Secondly, this issue isn't going to get resolved on a message board because nobody on here has that authority. Lastly, if I did have a team do that, the last thing I would do is come on a message board. Unless Superjrj is a part of the THESA admin or coaching staff, this isn't his concern.
coachbronk
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

This is my last post on this subject...I have now contacted the UIL TWICE on this and contrary to what Superjrj thinks or rather what he took away from his call to the UIL, nothing has changed since yesterday morning when I reported the matter was closed as far as the UIL is concerned.

I dont like to keep posting on this topic but I felt like the correct information needed to be reiterated
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby coachbronk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:24 am

Can we please lock this topic?
coachbronk
6-Man Fan

Postby oldfat&bald » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:35 pm

coachbronk wrote:Can we please lock this topic?

If y’all do that and this crap moves to Newby to ruin that work of art, I’m going to be mad.
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:35 pm

To all the folks crying to have this lock d or deleted: what is forcing you to click on the topic? Or even worse, what compels you to participate in this thread? Regardless of your eveidently overly sensitive sensibilities, this is kind of a big story and deserves the discussion it is getting.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Yes Rainjax you have your preferences as do we so the same goes to ya... and don't worry we need no moral compass as we are who we are just as you...
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:44 pm

tdog5344 wrote:Yes Rainjax you have your preferences as do we so the same goes to ya... and don't worry we need no moral compass as we are who we are just as you...

Common sense requires no moral compass.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby ATMmom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:51 pm

I just wanted to be the 100th post....do I win anything? Free tshirt or something...
ATMmom
6-Man Fan

Postby coachbronk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 pm

rainjacktx wrote:To all the folks crying to have this lock d or deleted: what is forcing you to click on the topic? Or even worse, what compels you to participate in this thread? Regardless of your eveidently overly sensitive sensibilities, this is kind of a big story and deserves the discussion it is getting.

Since you are obviously the topic conscience, tell me why this topic needs to continue? What purpose does it serve now? Nothing can or will be solved in this topic. All it has become is a trashing of Tioga and their staff.
coachbronk
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 pm

I have no conscience. What is the point of any thread on any message board? I've never heard of a team quitting at halftime because of bad officiating. Call me the 'conscience of this thread', but I think it's worthy of discussion.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:22 pm

FCSA football wrote:In 1985 I was coaching a game that had turned into a cross between Roller Derby and Championship Wrestling.
At half time I went to talk about the lack of penalties for late hits, unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct, and expressed my opinion that the game was out of control.The two officals looked at each other and then me and said "Hey coach, let the boys be boys, lighten up". With only a little over two minutes gone in the third quarter, we were on our way to another score when my half back was hit out of bounds, over by the bench. Even after all these years I can still see that play and it still haunts me. The result of that late unnecessary hit was catastrophic. The resulting injury ended a very talented athletes' football season, it also ended his entire athletic career. He still walks with a slight limp.
I wish that I would have had the courage to forfeit the game and take my kids home.

As I said in my earlier post, I wish I would have had the courage to forfeit back then. A star athlete's leg was destroyed, along with his entire career. I was too young to buck the system, and for that I am forever sorry.
It was entirely unnecessary and I could have prevented it by refusing to come out in the second half.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby Dogface2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:50 pm

Is the group deciding this matter
the same group that determines
district alignments?
If so then...
Dogface2
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (6)

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk