Tioga Forfeits at Half Because of Bad Officiating???

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: Tioga Forfeits at Half Because of Bad Officiating???

Postby rainjacktx » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:11 pm

Johnny South wrote:rainjacks, I don't know where you come up with this 2 officials statement. You may want to double check that.

Read FCSA Football's post. Then read it again. I could be wrong but he makes reference to "the two officials".
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby Superjrj » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:22 pm

He was referring to a game a long time ago that he coached not the Tioga Vs Thesa
Superjrj
11-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:02 pm

You guys are a little slow on the uptake today. Do I need to break out the big crayons and draw pictures for you?
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:41 pm

rainjacktx wrote:You guys are a little slow on the uptake today. Do I need to break out the big crayons and draw pictures for you?

Only if you don't sharpen them too much........
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby Dogface2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Actually,
Im not surprised Tioga coach did that.
I wouldn't put it past most of the yahoos coaching these days.
No different than cancelling a scheduled game for fear of losing.
I got basically crucified on this site for trying to be funny,
perhaps kinda smart assed,
but on the job i took it very serious.
EVERY coach i ever worked for was this way.
No integrity.
Sad.

Leman's prolly right. UIL prolly won't do anything. I weep for what passes for quality coaching these days.
Dogface2
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby jimbarola » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:48 pm

wths wrote:Here’s the kicker though. They were winning when they quit! I saw on the score thread they were up 28-6 or 28-10 or something like that before they forfeited. Who does that?!?!?!

Tioga was ahead 20-14 at the time.
jimbarola
11-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:39 pm

Rainjaxtx, no slam intended to you but the game I mentioned with two officials was in 1985.
However, three weeks ago two Officals showed up and informed myself and the other coach that the
other two officials scheduled to call the game had been in an auto accident and one had to be transported
To the hospital. By your statement our decision should have been "cancel the game".
However, since it was their Homecoming and we had traveled 100 miles to play, we decided that two Officals would be ok, even though one said it was only his third game to officiate. (they were not TASO), There were some problems, they didn't know sixman rules, they were making calls they were totally out of position to make. Neither coach was happy, but it evened out in the long run.
Ultimately, the coaches made the decision to try and make the best of a bad situation and so did the Officals.
However, if the other coach, who I know and respect, would have come over and said "Hey coach, this is enough, let's call this over", I would have agreed and we would have driven home.
There is no One size fits all in all situations. I still say let's wait for all the facts.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:47 am

jimbarola wrote:
wths wrote:Here’s the kicker though. They were winning when they quit! I saw on the score thread they were up 28-6 or 28-10 or something like that before they forfeited. Who does that?!?!?!

Tioga was ahead 20-14 at the time.

Exactly my point! I have never heard of this.....ever! I’ve seen horribly officiated games but I hope there are severely extenuating circumstances for this one.
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby tobyvann » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:48 am

Tony Timones I believe is the uil lead official and could have been called. I know his number is listed on the uil web page and I think it’s his cell. Hopefully there’s a good reason and it doesn’t affect the kids for the rest of the season.
tobyvann
6-Man Fan

Postby True Shot » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 am

Surely the administrators of Tioga were at the game and could have prevented this fiasco. If not, they along with the coaches need to start looking for some other line of work!
True Shot
11-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:29 am

FCSA football wrote:Rainjaxtx, no slam intended to you but the game I mentioned with two officials was in 1985.
However, three weeks ago two Officals showed up and informed myself and the other coach that the
other two officials scheduled to call the game had been in an auto accident and one had to be transported
To the hospital. By your statement our decision should have been "cancel the game".
However, since it was their Homecoming and we had traveled 100 miles to play, we decided that two Officals would be ok, even though one said it was only his third game to officiate. (they were not TASO), There were some problems, they didn't know sixman rules, they were making calls they were totally out of position to make. Neither coach was happy, but it evened out in the long run.
Ultimately, the coaches made the decision to try and make the best of a bad situation and so did the Officals.
However, if the other coach, who I know and respect, would have come over and said "Hey coach, this is enough, let's call this over", I would have agreed and we would have driven home.
There is no One size fits all in all situations. I still say let's wait for all the facts.

Both coaches agreeing to suspend or cancel a game (which they can do at any time) is not the same thing as one coach deciding to quit playing out of protest.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby Superjrj » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 am

The only facts are that he violated the signed coaches code of conduct. Administrators and coaches are totally responsible.
Superjrj
11-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:21 am

Relax, Gentlemen... UIL will straighten this out.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 am

BuffaloCountry wrote:Relax, Gentlemen... UIL will straighten this out.

Agree........... I'm trying to learn to not get my panties in a wad about things I can't control....... which is just about everything.........
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:39 am

BuffaloCountry wrote:Relax, Gentlemen... UIL will straighten this out.

smokeyjoe53 wrote:Agree........... I'm trying to learn to not get my panties in a wad about things I can't control....... which is just about everything.........

Evidently, you two have forgotten why God created the internet - specifically internet message boards.
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk