Tioga Forfeits at Half Because of Bad Officiating???

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Tioga Forfeits at Half Because of Bad Officiating???

Postby 4theboys » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:41 am

So from what I'm understanding hypothetically speaking one team could score a touchdown due to opposing team fumbling the ball on a snap and turning it over on the 8-yard line putting that team ahead by one touchdown. Coach could decide he doesn't like the way the game is going at the half pack his boys up and go home with no repercussions due to it not being a district game.
4theboys
11-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:28 am

For all those speculating I called the UIL yesterday morning and today received an email response to my questions:

"Teams are allowed to forfeit games if they chose. Tioga submitted an incident report to the UIL, explaining the situation. Tioga is not required to do anything else other than count this forfeit as a loss on their season record. The UIL will not take any further action. There are other instances of teams forfeiting for various reasons, the UIL does not have a record of the number of games forfeited per season."
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby 4theboys » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am

Thank you for the follow-up
4theboys
11-Man Fan

Postby Superjrj » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:53 am

So you are saying that he did not violate the coaches code of conduct by removing his team from a contest? I find that hard to believe that the UIL PERMITS THIS. You can get ready for several more of theses to occur if that's what the UIL permits whom did you get the email from and do you have it to share by posting online for everyone to see
Superjrj
6-Man Fan

Postby bowmama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Still trying to figure out why superjr is still making comments. If you are so dang concerned why don't you call UIl yourself and have it explained to you. You seem to not understand what you are exactly reading in the coaches code of conduct. The only person I see with bad sportsmanship is you. You are either living on the district championship you won twenty years ago or you are the wife of a coach who is salty because Tioga 45 yall at the beginning of the year. Either way get over it and move on. Worry more about yall making it past district and less about your past failures.
bowmama
11-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Can GRANGER the GURU put an end to this thread lol... seriously we have a post that asks for prayers for a coach and it gets a few hundred looks and 4 replies, then you've got 7 pages and thousands of views of this negative club of insecure people. Yes I've looked but how can you not. I wish people would care about what's important just my thoughts
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Superjrj wrote:So you are saying that he did not violate the coaches code of conduct by removing his team from a contest? I find that hard to believe that the UIL PERMITS THIS. You can get ready for several more of theses to occur if that's what the UIL permits whom did you get the email from and do you have it to share by posting online for everyone to see

Im not saying anything. That is a direct response from the UIL and that is the full email. If you read my notes about week 6 I explained it pretty well there, but will go back over it here for you.

I emailed the UIL a list of questions about the game and explained it the best I could with the info I had. They didnt respond, so I called them and I was patched through to Kate Hector their media coordinator, I talked with her, sent her the same email and what I posted above is her direct response to it. When talking with her I specifically mentioned the code of conduct part many have been talking about.

You can call the UIL and check all this out if you want yourself.

Again I am just passing on what I was told.
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Cougarfan13 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Must be something in the water over here in the East this year, people have gone from trash talking to hysterics and threats in one season.
Cougarfan13
6-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:58 pm

tdog5344 wrote:Can GRANGER the GURU put an end to this thread lol... seriously we have a post that asks for prayers for a coach and it gets a few hundred looks and 4 replies, then you've got 7 pages and thousands of views of this negative club of insecure people. Yes I've looked but how can you not. I wish people would care about what's important just my thoughts

Thought police much? Certainly glad I'm not forced to live life on your terms. What is so offensive about this thread that you need to beg Granger to delete it?
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby CleverUsername1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:01 pm

How did this asinine thread get 83 responses? Tioga forfeited. Who cares move on, teams forfeit all the time for different reasons.
CleverUsername1
6-Man Fan

Postby quentin70 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:06 pm

CleverUsername1 wrote:How did this asinine thread get 83 responses? Tioga forfeited. Who cares move on, teams forfeit all the time for different reasons.
wait, urs was 85 posts!! Makes mine 86!! But who's counting
quentin70
6-Man Fan

Postby granger » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Several things here:

Until we hear something, we can all speculate until the cows come home and that's just fine.

I honestly believe that unless the DEC takes this up (and I can see reasons to both do this and not do this), nothing is going to happen. The reason being that they were playing a private school. Had this been a public v public, I am guessing the other school would immediate call the DEC and file a report with the UIL.

There's a lot to peel back on this onion.

How about this, IF the officiating was so atrocious, what will be the TASO response to this? Has Tioga reported their story (I assume so) and does it somewhat match what THESA says? If so, we have a situation where officials should be suspended. In the very least, when something like this happens, I would expect/hope/dream TASO would investigate.

also, Superjrj's team never loses. trust me.
granger
Guru

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby tdog5344 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Easy Rainjax lol was just saying wasn't serious I was making or trying to make a positive point nothing personal
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby oldfat&bald » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:58 pm

tdog5344 wrote:Easy Rainjax lol was just saying wasn't serious I was making or trying to make a positive point nothing personal

The blood’s in the water. The Rainman’s about to get warmed up good.
oldfat&bald
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:42 pm

So if I understand all of this correctly, ONLY THE TIOGA TEAM WAS PROTECTED.
The other team was not protected at all?
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk