White Deer v Follett - Cancelled Due to Lighning

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: White Deer v Follett - Cancelled Due to Lighning

Postby 6manfan25 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:48 pm

I do understand that since it wasn't a complete game that the stats can't be counted. However, I do think that those who were not there need to understand what was going on at the time the boys were called off the field due to lightning with :43 seconds left in the first half. The game was finally called at 11:30 pm by administration of both schools.

Christian Barber had a 32 yard TD called back due to a holding penalty in addition to a fumble the Panthers had on the 4 yard line. While neither resulted in points, it's not like the Buck defense was able to stop Follett.

Yes, many teams have come back after half time and pulled out a victory, as Follett did that to Southland in the 2015 playoffs down 24 points at half.

I felt it needed to be noted that the Panthers could've easily been going in 36-14 (or 40-14) and I know it's a would've, could've kind of statement. I would also like to add that the White Deer coaching staff along with the players were chanting "Get #3" before kickoff (for those who don't know, #3 is Christian Barber). Now I know that can be misconstrued or maybe even misinterpreted...but it doesn't look good to those who heard it.
Maybe we are a little sensitive to that statement as Christian was in a terrible car accident this past summer and we weren't even sure he would even get to play football.

It was a dominating performance by the Panthers who scored on their very first offensive series. While what White Deer did the games before coming in was impressive, the Bucks couldn't stop the Follett offense. Even if the game wasn't completely in control at the time it was called, it should be noted that the Panthers scored on White Deer and rather easily at that.

I think White Deer will have a hard time even making the playoffs....as both Happy and McLean are formidable opponents.
6manfan25
11-Man Fan

Postby rainjacktx » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:20 pm

You joined today to post this?
rainjacktx
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:25 pm

rainjacktx wrote:You joined today to post this?

Troll job for the win! Lol good one rainjack
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby 6manfan25 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:57 pm

Yes I did. What’s wrong with that?
6manfan25
11-Man Fan

Postby granger » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:16 pm

My understanding is that White Deer is going to take a knee on the first play and allow Whiteface to score, so this will be for naught
granger
Guru

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby tdog5344 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Don't worry 6manfan25 if it was a team they were fond of it would be a different argument thank you for the real story
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby frenchcowboy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:35 pm

We all know WD took the L to follett
frenchcowboy
11-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:20 pm

frenchcowboy wrote:We all know WD took the L to follett

#fakenews
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Leman Saunders wrote:
frenchcowboy wrote:We all know WD took the L to follett

#fakenews

How is it fake news the score was 24 to 14 when called, it may not count but it did happen.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:33 pm

And follett is the absolute only team whatsoever that whitedeer has played.. both beat us at groom I watched both games and mclean will beat whitedeer no doubts. Take the hype take the rankings and throw em into the wind the kids and coaches from those two schools will settle it on the field.. Nov the 3rd I can't imagine 8-0 mclean and 7-1 whitedeer the top two defenses for points allowed in the state so far won't or shouldn't be game of the week at least for the panhandle....
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:36 pm

it is fake because it is not true at all, the game wasnt played to conclusion...not even a half way played, therefore it's not a loss...and not a win...for anyone. I have personally witnessed teams down more than 20 points win...to say Follett won this game is stupid.

Would be like saying if Richland Springs played Oglesby and the opening kicked off to Oglesby, Oglesby ran it back for a TD and then a tornado touchdown outside of town and they cancelled the game and fled to safety...by your logic Oglesby won that game 6-0.

The arguments that this was a game is ridiculous, they didnt even finish the first half and both coaches agree that it's a cancelled game. Move on
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:43 pm

tdog5344 wrote:And follett is the absolute only team whatsoever that whitedeer has played.. both beat us at groom I watched both games and mclean will beat whitedeer no doubts. Take the hype take the rankings and throw em into the wind the kids and coaches from those two schools will settle it on the field.. Nov the 3rd I can't imagine 8-0 mclean and 7-1 whitedeer the top two defenses for points allowed in the state so far won't or shouldn't be game of the week at least for the panhandle....

So now you're saying White Deer's record will be 7-1 going into the McLean game... meaning they beat Follett and lost to Happy (unless you're saying they are going to beat Happy and lost to Follett ,which I dont think you are)...Im confused now...first the Follett game counts and it's a loss for WD and now you're saying it counts as a win for WD????
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:44 pm

The game dosn't count for anything, except a tax write off for travel expenses...move on please
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby BuffaloCountry » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm

It’s possible that White Deer could’ve came back and won the game. Only down 10 going into halftime, which is really impressive against this Follett squad. To my understanding, didn’t #22 (Born) go down with an injury? That could’ve impacted the game coming out of the half as well. Especially because he was a player with postseason honors after last season. A 24-14 score at half is not a runaway by any means, especially in the game of Sixman.
I was down on the sideline watching Sterling City and Follett this past Friday and I noticed Follett struggled stopping Sterling City’s offense all evening. My point in bringing up Friday’s game has to do with the fact that the Follett defense was getting gashed; probably having to do with #22 not being on the field. The same thing could’ve happened in the second half of the White Deer game.
Nonetheless, Follett is still a very solid squad and they definitely will be making some noise going into the postseason. That Barber kid is awesome to watch and I certainly hope that the Born kid heals quickly.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:53 pm

I acknowledge it doesn't count and never said otherwise. But I did say they actually got scored on at will which we can all acknowledge happened. And yes 7 and 1 after happy beats them.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk