All State Teams...Food for Thought

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Re: All State Teams...Food for Thought

Postby 51eleven » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Nice to see someone from Prairie Lea on there in light of their almost Historic season. Even if it is the punter. Regarding next year the MVP could be Union Hill soph kicker Omar Aguillon if they beat say Jonesboro by 2. Nice to see Colt Mallory recognized.
I think they missed one in DII but we shall see. Don't want to put a target on his back if no one else noticed.
I did notice the 2015 all state teams on the 6m coaches site. Any chance some of the previous years might be restored on the new site?
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:51 pm

51eleven wrote:Hi Leman. I know your the Guru of sixman history and was wondering where you find info on the 95 all state team. My question relates to one I asked during the season. The all state teams from the early 2000's forward were on the old sixman coaches website but not the new one. I asked if the new site might be updated and if anyone knew where to find info on previous years. I think there should be a repository for this information somewhere on the internet. The coaches association, here - as the site's being reconfigured/moved soon, lonestarfootball, the uil or wherever.
I know I would use such a resource regarding comments I make here. I think others would find it of interest also. I see some 9th grader telling a team mate "my dad was all state in 200_" or "my granddad was in 198_ or 199_. "See"!
I could see people like you, Granger, HPD, OBK, many (other) Coaches, Mr. Parks, the spirit of Don Hardin and several more supporting such an effort. But I don't know how to make it happen myself. I lack both the technological and historical expertise or perspective.

I guess I'm beating dead horse here but beat it I will. Nobody else here cares or is willing to help? Coaches, Guru, OBK, Leman, UIL (ha), Texas Football Magazine- Mr. Campbell. Please, in the name of History of the game and those who made it what it is.
Will anyone remember the contributions of Dewayne Miles, Lyle Campbell, Jonathon Parsons or that guy from Trinidad in 98 in 5 - 10 years?

Oops, posted the last paragraph of this as an edit of the original post.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:50 pm

Not that it will do any good but, where's my quirt?
Does anybody have a list of the all state players from 1988? or 1998?
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Actually I'd like to see the 78-79 teams to see if any Strawn players are on them. Maybe I'll make it to the school library someday to look if I make it to (?) retirement.
In addition I'm curious about the 98 team in particular.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

Postby HP Drifter » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:04 am

Not sure, but for a number of years, the secretary included a list of all-state squads in the association book with minutes, etc. Perhaps they are still there.
HP Drifter
6-Man Fan

Postby PaleRider » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:57 am

May stir up a hornets nest here for multiple reasons the least of which being it's not about the growing # of all state honorees through the years, but I feel like if you're able to suit up 22 kids or more, you should be in DI, anything less, D2. It's incredible that we have six man schools suiting up more kids for state title games than a few schools who field 11 man teams in class AA & AAA.
PaleRider
11-Man Fan

Postby Jones26 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 pm

PaleRider wrote:May stir up a hornets nest here for multiple reasons the least of which being it's not about the growing # of all state honorees through the years, but I feel like if you're able to suit up 22 kids or more, you should be in DI, anything less, D2. It's incredible that we have six man schools suiting up more kids for state title games than a few schools who field 11 man teams in class AA & AAA.

So should some AA schools that have a high football participation rate have to play AAA or AAAA schools?
Jones26
6-Man Fan

Postby PaleRider » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Not necessarily, and I don't think it's a participation rate issue. There are plenty of schools that have between 85-100% participation rates. They also only have 5-15 boys in the entire school. I'm sure it's easy for schools who don't have that issue to cry "sour grapes".
PaleRider
11-Man Fan

Previous

Return to six-man football talk