Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:15 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:Can you be specific as to how the U.S. has not "done enough" to prevent the spread of COVID? How has Canada been superior to us? Truth is, without a cure, all you can do is wash your hands, avoid big groups, I guess wear a mask, and pray.


That is a very detailed question... I think it's more the different mindset than anything else. Schools in Ontario are opening in September with online classes also available and out of all the parents/friends I've spoken too in the past few days, only one couple is comfortable sending their children back into school. Most people don't want schools open despite the fact that we have less than 500 people a day in the entire country testing positive. We know a second wave is coming having flattened the curve of our first wave and it may start in the schools. Those are tiny numbers compared to California, Florida, etc., Obviously there is the exception to the rule, and my city has had several arrests for "mask rage", but the few times I have been out of the house in the last month, virtually everyone is wearing a mask, everyone keeps six feet apart from each other, and the mindset here is "keep it all closed, damn the consequences to the eoonomy" until we have a good handle on this. Is it the right way? From an economic standpoint it will be disasterous but most Canadians would say that keeping people healthy and alive is more important than anything. One my childhood friends' business has gone bankrupt and he is extremely upset but talking to him, he is thankful that none of his employees got sick or died. Hence our staunch defense of our universal healthcare system. Despite all of its inherent faults, rich or poor, it is something we truly pride ourselves in.... again a much different mindset and something that my relatives in Mississippi just can't wrap their heads around because we have to wait a month for an MRI when they can get one the next day under their private insurance in Biloxi.

Per million people here we have had 3,080 cases and 237 deaths (again per 1,000,000)
in the USA per million its 14,207 cases and 473 deaths.

Cited from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 pm

topher800 wrote:
TebowTime15 wrote:Can you be specific as to how the U.S. has not "done enough" to prevent the spread of COVID? How has Canada been superior to us? Truth is, without a cure, all you can do is wash your hands, avoid big groups, I guess wear a mask, and pray.


That is a very detailed question... I think it's more the different mindset than anything else. Schools in Ontario are opening in September with online classes also available and out of all the parents/friends I've spoken too in the past few days, only one couple is comfortable sending their children back into school. Most people don't want schools open despite the fact that we have less than 500 people a day in the entire country testing positive. We know a second wave is coming having flattened the curve of our first wave and it may start in the schools. Those are tiny numbers compared to California, Florida, etc., Obviously there is the exception to the rule, and my city has had several arrests for "mask rage", but the few times I have been out of the house in the last month, virtually everyone is wearing a mask, everyone keeps six feet apart from each other, and the mindset here is "keep it all closed, damn the consequences to the eoonomy" until we have a good handle on this. Is it the right way? From an economic standpoint it will be disasterous but most Canadians would say that keeping people healthy and alive is more important than anything. One my childhood friends' business has gone bankrupt and he is extremely upset but talking to him, he is thankful that none of his employees got sick or died. Hence our staunch defense of our universal healthcare system. Despite all of its inherent faults, rich or poor, it is something we truly pride ourselves in.... again a much different mindset and something that my relatives in Mississippi just can't wrap their heads around because we have to wait a month for an MRI when they can get one the next day under their private insurance in Biloxi.

Per million people here we have had 3,080 cases and 237 deaths (again per 1,000,000)
in the USA per million its 14,207 cases and 473 deaths.

Cited from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Cite what you want from where you want, but the books are being cooked in the US. Health organizations are being paid to report as many Covid deaths as possible so all of the US numbers are skewed. Yes they take the money regardless of the effect on the Media blitz. Americans like a few dollars more just like those other corrupt countries. Go figure. Garbage in, Garbage out. If they play with the numbers more people wring their hands and cry for relief. I read where one lady was suspicious of the Covid death rate in New York City and compared the normal death rate data in NYC from the last few years and the amount of deaths was not appreciably different from previous years, just being reported as Covid for political purposes. Keep Coumo happy, its all politics. Interesting point was that early in the Pandemic Coumo had the Covid patients placed in nursing homes instead of in quarantined hospital settings. So the exposed nursing home patients died and made for more good press. Make Trump look bad. You are comparing apples to oranges. Canada and US have completely different health systems. Ours is built on greed.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby FCSA football » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:58 pm

Ok Topher lets be factual as well as fair in our comparisons. The population in Canada or lack thereof cannot be compared to the U S population, especially when it comes to the high density population centers. COVID thrives and spreads in high density centers. Just a few big cities in the US have more people than Canada in all it’s cities and provinces. So if you have the time to go back and relate the sparsely populated areas of the US, I think you will find relational ratios that are not so grossly overstated.
Italy was hit so hard early because it has an entirely different social structures where several generations live in the same household.
So unless we all have the time to go back and “run the numbers” neither side claim to be correct. Obviously the high density cities will have higher ratios and numbers than Throckmorton County.
Just saying.....,,......
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:12 pm

Okay, I was just making a point that our strange ways have made a difference with regards to Covid. That combined with our population has helped incredibly. No arguments here. I wanted to add in my post earlier that our governmnet hasn't politicized the 'rona like America has.... christ I'm glad I didn't. lololol

Do any of you think there will be a time where the idea of "we're the best, we'll do what we want when we want" ever changes? Whether you choose to believe it or not, the United States of America is losing its grip on it being the world's greatest superpower and the greatest nation on earth. Before you decide to make me your prison girlfriend for saying that, I said losing its grip, not already lost its grip. ;) Hence why Trump ran the platform of "Make America Great Again" cause even he realized it wasn't so awesome. There is still time to MAGA but that window is slowly closing...
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:26 pm

And now TikTok is done? I get it, Chinese spy app... whatever. Is he still pissed about Tulsa and how "TikTok teens" embarrassed him? Seems kinda petty.... but besides the point, all social media is spy crap.... get rid of it all Donald!! Save us!!! :)

Very interesting timing by the POTUS.... plus he just pissed off every American kid from age 18 to 30.... but they don't vote anyway lololol
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 am

topher800 wrote:
TebowTime15 wrote:Can you be specific as to how the U.S. has not "done enough" to prevent the spread of COVID? How has Canada been superior to us? Truth is, without a cure, all you can do is wash your hands, avoid big groups, I guess wear a mask, and pray.


That is a very detailed question... I think it's more the different mindset than anything else. Schools in Ontario are opening in September with online classes also available and out of all the parents/friends I've spoken too in the past few days, only one couple is comfortable sending their children back into school. Most people don't want schools open despite the fact that we have less than 500 people a day in the entire country testing positive. We know a second wave is coming having flattened the curve of our first wave and it may start in the schools. Those are tiny numbers compared to California, Florida, etc., Obviously there is the exception to the rule, and my city has had several arrests for "mask rage", but the few times I have been out of the house in the last month, virtually everyone is wearing a mask, everyone keeps six feet apart from each other, and the mindset here is "keep it all closed, damn the consequences to the eoonomy" until we have a good handle on this. Is it the right way? From an economic standpoint it will be disasterous but most Canadians would say that keeping people healthy and alive is more important than anything. One my childhood friends' business has gone bankrupt and he is extremely upset but talking to him, he is thankful that none of his employees got sick or died. Hence our staunch defense of our universal healthcare system. Despite all of its inherent faults, rich or poor, it is something we truly pride ourselves in.... again a much different mindset and something that my relatives in Mississippi just can't wrap their heads around because we have to wait a month for an MRI when they can get one the next day under their private insurance in Biloxi.

Per million people here we have had 3,080 cases and 237 deaths (again per 1,000,000)
in the USA per million its 14,207 cases and 473 deaths.

Cited from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/


I would caution putting any stock in that site; originally, they figured the death rate by subtracting the people who recovered from the total. This means that they considered a person with COVID as "dead" until they passed the recovery standard. In early March, Texas had a 100% death rate.

As far as the Canada stuff, I'm not going to say you are totally wrong. Whenever I went out in public in the Austin area around mid March to May, however, I saw most people wearing masks, waiting in line at the grocery store, and social distancing. I really think the increase in cases started 2 to 3 weeks after George Floyd's death when protesters, whether peaceful or not, got in large groups.

We'll see what happens in November, but I just don't see how people chose anarchy and deception over the truth. Trump is to blame for COVID as much as Obams is to blame for SARS, Bush is to blame for Katrina, or Clinton is to blame for 9/11.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:33 am

topher800 wrote:Okay, I was just making a point that our strange ways have made a difference with regards to Covid. That combined with our population has helped incredibly. No arguments here. I wanted to add in my post earlier that our governmnet hasn't politicized the 'rona like America has.... christ I'm glad I didn't. lololol

Do any of you think there will be a time where the idea of "we're the best, we'll do what we want when we want" ever changes? Whether you choose to believe it or not, the United States of America is losing its grip on it being the world's greatest superpower and the greatest nation on earth. Before you decide to make me your prison girlfriend for saying that, I said losing its grip, not already lost its grip. ;) Hence why Trump ran the platform of "Make America Great Again" cause even he realized it wasn't so awesome. There is still time to MAGA but that window is slowly closing...

Topher, I'm sure that your perception is due to the non stop bashing of Trump and the negative press toward anything remotely uniquely American. The American Media is in love with any foreign country trying to sneak some illegals and viruses across our borders. But you have a good point. The only problem is where is there a good filter to remove the trash and deliberate falsehoods being spread.. Unfortunately there isn't one. The democrats are relying on the old adage : If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with BS. Lots of people are getting use to the latter and believing it.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby oldergoat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:13 pm

OK let's put aside COVID for a minute and talk about health care.

The is a quote from topher:
Despite all of its inherent faults, rich or poor, it is something we truly pride ourselves in.... again a much different mindset and something that my relatives in Mississippi just can't wrap their heads around because we have to "wait a month for an MRI" when they can get one the next day under their private insurance in Biloxi.

Ok waiting a month for the MRI may not be life threating but what about the young lady (35-39 year old) that develops breast cancer. They could have to wait months for additional testing. Depending on the cancer even 2 or 3 months could be to late. I really don't care if greed is driving our health care system, and I do not believe it is. If a family member can get the treatment needed to fight breast cancer in the time frame needed then it is worth the cost. Rather help pay some medical bills, knowing there is a chance of survival rather than funeral expenses which are rather final.

Don't start throwing this back in my face that the COVID deaths are the same because they are not. I am talking about private health care vs Govt provided "health" care. The people in Canada may really like their system but then they may not know there are other ways that might be better.
oldergoat
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:30 pm

oldergoat wrote:OK let's put aside COVID for a minute and talk about health care.

The is a quote from topher:
Despite all of its inherent faults, rich or poor, it is something we truly pride ourselves in.... again a much different mindset and something that my relatives in Mississippi just can't wrap their heads around because we have to "wait a month for an MRI" when they can get one the next day under their private insurance in Biloxi.

Ok waiting a month for the MRI may not be life threating but what about the young lady (35-39 year old) that develops breast cancer. They could have to wait months for additional testing. Depending on the cancer even 2 or 3 months could be to late. I really don't care if greed is driving our health care system, and I do not believe it is. If a family member can get the treatment needed to fight breast cancer in the time frame needed then it is worth the cost. Rather help pay some medical bills, knowing there is a chance of survival rather than funeral expenses which are rather final.

Don't start throwing this back in my face that the COVID deaths are the same because they are not. I am talking about private health care vs Govt provided "health" care. The people in Canada may really like their system but then they may not know there are other ways that might be better.


That's a darn good point, Oldergoat! Sweden has a system similar to Canada that liberals in the U.S., especially Bernie Sanders, cite as evidence that government run healthcare can work in the United States. That system works so much better in smaller countries with more homogeneous populations because they tend to all agree "on the common good" as Topher pointed out. Heck, we can't even agree if people protesting are peaceful or violent.

While I'm not that old, I've been through the U.S. healthcare system more than I care to remember. If someone could price each medical procedure without factoring in profit, I think that information could be used to create a price menu, similar to a fast food restaurant, that consumers could use as a base for making decisions. Most people know a fastfood hamburger costs about $3 and about $6 for a combo meal. Medical procedures vary drastically and are computed in an arbitrary and capricious manner.

Right now, the insurance companies and doctors's offices are so cryptic about how much stuff costs because they both profit from it. I think healthcare will take a little more government oversight than most businesses because the demand will always be there, so I think we should make sure doctors make most of the profits, you know the guys with talent, and kick insurance companies to the curb. Another helpful thing would be setting limitations on litigation or tort to help medical liability insurance go down for doctors.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:35 pm

oldergoat wrote:OK let's put aside COVID for a minute and talk about health care.

The is a quote from topher:
Despite all of its inherent faults, rich or poor, it is something we truly pride ourselves in.... again a much different mindset and something that my relatives in Mississippi just can't wrap their heads around because we have to "wait a month for an MRI" when they can get one the next day under their private insurance in Biloxi.

Ok waiting a month for the MRI may not be life threating but what about the young lady (35-39 year old) that develops breast cancer. They could have to wait months for additional testing. Depending on the cancer even 2 or 3 months could be to late. I really don't care if greed is driving our health care system, and I do not believe it is. If a family member can get the treatment needed to fight breast cancer in the time frame needed then it is worth the cost. Rather help pay some medical bills, knowing there is a chance of survival rather than funeral expenses which are rather final.

Don't start throwing this back in my face that the COVID deaths are the same because they are not. I am talking about private health care vs Govt provided "health" care. The people in Canada may really like their system but then they may not know there are other ways that might be better.


We know the risks in our system. There are places where you can go pay for one the next day but most people don't do that. Further, MRIs can be rushed by doctor and had the same day but thats fairly rare. I've only had that happen once... MRI the same day. Anywho, could our system be better? Of course. Would we trade it for the American health system? Not in a million years. Just like y'all wouldn't trade your system for ours. :)
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby topher800 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:43 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:That's a darn good point, Oldergoat! Sweden has a system similar to Canada that liberals in the U.S., especially Bernie Sanders, cite as evidence that government run healthcare can work in the United States. That system works so much better in smaller countries with more homogeneous populations because they tend to all agree "on the common good" as Topher pointed out. Heck, we can't even agree if people protesting are peaceful or violent.

While I'm not that old, I've been through the U.S. healthcare system more than I care to remember. If someone could price each medical procedure without factoring in profit, I think that information could be used to create a price menu, similar to a fast food restaurant, that consumers could use as a base for making decisions. Most people know a fastfood hamburger costs about $3 and about $6 for a combo meal. Medical procedures vary drastically and are computed in an arbitrary and capricious manner.

Right now, the insurance companies and doctors's offices are so cryptic about how much stuff costs because they both profit from it. I think healthcare will take a little more government oversight than most businesses because the demand will always be there, so I think we should make sure doctors make most of the profits, you know the guys with talent, and kick insurance companies to the curb. Another helpful thing would be setting limitations on litigation or tort to help medical liability insurance go down for doctors.


Those protests being peaceful is a load of BS. They are violent. Not sure how they are going to stop them and I cannot imagine how much more violent they will get if the GOP wins in November. The crazy lefts protests if Trump gets back in will make that orange buffoon's own temper tantrums seem insignificant. No matter what the government does (either blue or red) those protestors are going to cry that they are being abused and mistreated.
topher800
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby Blue Bird » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Canadians have, for years, been crossing the border into the U.S. to pay for elective surgery (and non-elective for that matter) rather than waiting in line for your socialist style of medicine. To me, that is a blanket condemnation on your health care system.

Personally, I would prefer to have a business man as our President rather than a professional politician. That is my choice. I don't always like every thing he says, but I do like what he has been able to accomplish, including the new NAFTA deal. He still holds the office of President and gets my respect no matter what. (Just like the last one.) It offends me a lot when you call him names! When our liberal press calls him names it ruins any credibility they ever might have had with me. The same goes for you!!
Blue Bird
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby FCSA football » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:01 pm

Not naming names replies: you will figure it out.
1. If you like a Government Run Health System, talk to a Veteran, especially a Vietnam era Vet.
They let you die, oh they say all the right things while you’re dying to make you feel good, but you’re going to die from neglect, non treatment, mis treatment or malfeasance.
2. Don’t want to wait on a procedure? Call and ask for a cash price. You’ll be surprised at the difference in scheduling and the mark up you WON’T have to pay.
Nancy Pelosi and Chuckie boy can pay cash (charge it to the taxpayers) so they will NEVER FEEL YOUR PAIN.
3. If everything is so bad why do the richest people in the World come to the US FOR TREATMENT ?
4. COVID will be over when the democrats, George Soros, Barack Obama, movie stars, entertainers, professional sports participants, the media mob and others of wealth and Priviledges want it to be
Too many people, organizations and companies are giving in to extortion, that’s what it really is, right or wrong doesn’t play into it at all. It’s bullying, manipulation and extortion, and coincidentally those tactics, practiced by others led to two World Wars and many, many rebellions.
History is a wonderful thing to study. Everyone thinks they are the first with their “ideas”, narcissistic, self centered egotistical, emotionally and intellectually immature individuals want attention and they don’t care how or what it cost for them to get it. ME, ME, ME,ME .........

Random questions, just saying.......,,,,
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby TebowTime15 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:07 pm

topher800 wrote:
TebowTime15 wrote:That's a darn good point, Oldergoat! Sweden has a system similar to Canada that liberals in the U.S., especially Bernie Sanders, cite as evidence that government run healthcare can work in the United States. That system works so much better in smaller countries with more homogeneous populations because they tend to all agree "on the common good" as Topher pointed out. Heck, we can't even agree if people protesting are peaceful or violent.

While I'm not that old, I've been through the U.S. healthcare system more than I care to remember. If someone could price each medical procedure without factoring in profit, I think that information could be used to create a price menu, similar to a fast food restaurant, that consumers could use as a base for making decisions. Most people know a fastfood hamburger costs about $3 and about $6 for a combo meal. Medical procedures vary drastically and are computed in an arbitrary and capricious manner.

Right now, the insurance companies and doctors's offices are so cryptic about how much stuff costs because they both profit from it. I think healthcare will take a little more government oversight than most businesses because the demand will always be there, so I think we should make sure doctors make most of the profits, you know the guys with talent, and kick insurance companies to the curb. Another helpful thing would be setting limitations on litigation or tort to help medical liability insurance go down for doctors.


Those protests being peaceful is a load of BS. They are violent. Not sure how they are going to stop them and I cannot imagine how much more violent they will get if the GOP wins in November. The crazy lefts protests if Trump gets back in will make that orange buffoon's own temper tantrums seem insignificant. No matter what the government does (either blue or red) those protestors are going to cry that they are being abused and mistreated.


While I understand why Trump isn't doing more in liberal states, I wish he would send the army in and put this crap down. The 10th amendment doesn't give the states the right to not enforce the laws of the United States. Want legal authority? The Supremacy Clause and the Preamble to the Constitution.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Taking the traffic off “When will we have football?”

Postby FCSA football » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Please look up the definition of Sedition. That among other charges were used by the northern states to invade the southern states during the War of Northern Aggression. It was also used without mercy to kill, maim, destroy property burn towns farms and cities of all, including non-combatants, and ALL their food supplies.
Women and young girls were raped and men and young boys were beaten and killed. All survivors STARVED.
Sedition is considered to be serious crime with 20 year prison sentences the punishment. Conspiracy to commit violence, destruction and violence only add to the terms of possible sentences.
This is EXACTLY what Governors, mayors and elected representatives and officials are doing now and yet no one has been charged.
Just shows the ability of a few to judge others by standards they are immune to. Just depends on who is the most self righteous hypocrites in control became at this it’s clear NO ONE IS IN CHARGE.
Just reviewing History! It repeats itself.......,,,,,,,,,
FCSA football
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], granger and 20 guests