Coach Arrested At Sanderson v Marfa Football Game

Moderators: freeagent, mjda76384, granger

Re: Coach Arrested At Sanderson v Marfa Football Game

Postby BuffaloCountry » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:36 am

Yes I completely agree. My question about who started it was just out of my own curiosity. What’s done is done and the coach will undergo that whole judicial process and definitely be terminated. Curious to see what the UIL will do. I don’t ever recall a situation like this one. It’s very unfortunate and quite disturbing for everyone involved.
BuffaloCountry
6-Man Fan

Postby Dogface2 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:06 am

Sboe will issue a written reprimand no matter of guilt or innocense. It's their sop.
Dogface2
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby FCSA football » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:56 am

As I said in my earlier post, let’s wait until all the facts are in BEFORE making Absolute pronouncements of firing or jail or whatever. Wait until we see the video in its entirety. These early statements that say with certainty that this is Definitely going to happen, or that is going to happen, remind me of last years hubbub regarding the incident with Tioga where people were proclaiming, with Absolute Certainly that the UIL WAS GOING TO DO THIS, OR THE UIL WAS GOING TO DO THAT, none of which happened. If you go back and read some of that hot air now, those prognosticators look pretty foolish. Comment if you wish but let’s see all the evidence and see the film BEFORE making all these unfounded statements.
“it’s best to let the world think that you are a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.”
Just saying.........
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:27 am

I found it odd that Marfa had "a clear image" of the incident on video where Sanderson did not, aren't the two teams recording generally from the same spot? I also found it very odd that he was arrested right then and there on the spot. Lastly, I seem to remember this happening on an episode Friday Night Lights but they tried to arrest a player not the coach after a fight on the field where the game was halted under similar circumstances. Not real I know but very odd all the same and tragic for all parties involved.
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:21 am

wths wrote:I found it odd that Marfa had "a clear image" of the incident on video where Sanderson did not, aren't the two teams recording generally from the same spot? I also found it very odd that he was arrested right then and there on the spot. Lastly, I seem to remember this happening on an episode Friday Night Lights but they tried to arrest a player not the coach after a fight on the field where the game was halted under similar circumstances. Not real I know but very odd all the same and tragic for all parties involved.

As for the film I am not surprised at all...actually I am a little surprised Marfa had it (or at least some of it it appears) on film. Normally kids are recording the games for the coaches and now days they tend to stop recording immediately after the play stops.

I am curious if they filmed the WHOLE incident from the play to the arrest, as what happened after the players were broke up would be important in understanding somethings.
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby wths » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Leman Saunders wrote:
wths wrote:I found it odd that Marfa had "a clear image" of the incident on video where Sanderson did not, aren't the two teams recording generally from the same spot? I also found it very odd that he was arrested right then and there on the spot. Lastly, I seem to remember this happening on an episode Friday Night Lights but they tried to arrest a player not the coach after a fight on the field where the game was halted under similar circumstances. Not real I know but very odd all the same and tragic for all parties involved.

As for the film I am not surprised at all...actually I am a little surprised Marfa had it (or at least some of it it appears) on film. Normally kids are recording the games for the coaches and now days they tend to stop recording immediately after the play stops.

I am curious if they filmed the WHOLE incident from the play to the arrest, as what happened after the players were broke up would be important in understanding somethings.

Yeah I would be interested to know exactly what's on tape and what isn't but as you said if they stop recording after the play they shouldn't have anything on tape which makes this all the more crazy but I guess it just depends on who was recording and when they stopped.
wths
6-Man Fan

Postby Bill O'Rielly » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:09 pm

Is this the same THUG that coached at Paducah last year?
Bill O'Rielly
6-Man Fan

Postby TebowTime15 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:28 am

Bill O'Rielly wrote:Is this the same THUG that coached at Paducah last year?

Be careful when you use code words! ;)

I am going to tell a story that is comparable to this event. I remember one time in practice (at an 11-man school) I played D-line and tore it up against the JV. I guess my head got a little big because I quit listening to one of the coaches; he was a smaller Hispanic guy who coached running backs. Heck, I probably out weighted by 30 or 40 pounds. Anyways, he tackled me and put me on the ground. My dad saw him do it as a spectator at practice. What did my dad do? He laughed and thought the coach did the right thing. I am not that old as this happened in 2006.

While I know you are out of practice, Bill, since you lost your show on Fox, I think calling the Sanderson Coach a "thug" is out of line. The local officals in Marfa will make a determination as to the coaches' guilt, but it sounds like the kind of thing that would have been laughed off in 2006. Although we are "progressing" within society, it's up to us, the people, what behavior is acceptable or not acceptable.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan

Postby Count Coog » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:01 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:
Bill O'Rielly wrote:

"progressing" .

You misspelled regressing. Just thought you should know.
Count Coog
6-Man Fan

Postby Count Coog » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:10 pm

This whole thing is crazy. BUT if you put your hands on another persons kids, you have put yourself at their mercy. I understand that I wasn't there. I understand that he was "just breaking up a fight." I understand that he might have been taking up for his kids. I know that you don't sling a kid to the ground, on accident or purpose, especially not from the other team.

Is there a chance that nothing comes of this and the charges are dropped. Yes. But there is a chance that it goes a lot further than that. And that is scary for our entire coaching community.
Count Coog
6-Man Fan

Postby True Shot » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Regardless, a learning experience that no one thinks can possibly happen, and here it is. Take note, and good point: don't put your hands on another team's kid regardless of the circumstances!
True Shot
6-Man Fan

Postby Leman Saunders » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Update:

This was a response to an email inquiry I sent to the UIL about the incident.

"The UIL is still in the process of gathering information about an incident between the Marfa High School and Sanderson High School football teams on Friday, September 7. NCAA playing rules state that any player or coach who leaves the team area to participate in an altercation will be ejected. The UIL’s automatic penalty for an ejection is suspension of the first half of the following game. Since all players on both teams were involved in this altercation, both teams will forfeit their next game. Additional penalties may be assessed by the individual schools, the district executive committees, and the UIL State Executive Committee"
Leman Saunders
6-Man Fan

Postby Bill O'Rielly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:43 pm

There is HISTORY here with this POS and it’s on film.
Go ask the Supt. front Paducah.
Bill O'Rielly
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Hey guys, I’ve read cheated, thug and POS and a lot more recently. Do You guys think you’re the only ones who read this site? If you must name call, cuss and pass judgement before ALL THE FACTS are in, go to PM OR another web site. Your crass, low class behavior MAKES EVERYONE LOOK LIKE AN IMBECILE! Grow up or go somewhere else, PLEASE!
Kids and parents read this site, please keep this in mind.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and cooperation.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby 51eleven » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Leman Saunders wrote:Update:

This was a response to an email inquiry I sent to the UIL about the incident.

"The UIL is still in the process of gathering information about an incident between the Marfa High School and Sanderson High School football teams on Friday, September 7. NCAA playing rules state that any player or coach who leaves the team area to participate in an altercation will be ejected. The UIL’s automatic penalty for an ejection is suspension of the first half of the following game. Since all players on both teams were involved in this altercation, both teams will forfeit their next game. Additional penalties may be assessed by the individual schools, the district executive committees, and the UIL State Executive Committee"

"Since all players from both teams were involved in this altercation..." What started the fight? An illegal hit, a punch, a trip, a kick, late spearing? Something incurring the immediate wrath of both teams, obviously. Maybe bad feelings were already present from a previous occurrence/call?

Leman, as I dare say Guru 2, food for thought. The available 8 second clip of the Coach being walked off in handcuffs is grainy and not well focused on the subject but in part on the crowd, like from a fan's cell phone. If both teams were filming from the press box and the play didn't end per se, "normally", with flags being thrown (?), players and Coaches rushing the field, might not even a student assistant be compelled to keep filming? If so, we can only hope the UIL, local school board and law enforcement officials will have it available in making their decisions. Then again we will probably see it if such exists.

Then we have Bill's assertion.
51eleven
6-Man Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Leman's Laments